Keep Bermuda Beautiful (KBB) has decades of experience in leading community action through an extensive network of partners and volunteers. It was formed in 1964 as Registered Charity #26 and is one of the oldest environmental nonprofits on the Island.
To engage individuals to take greater responsibility in reducing waste and eliminating litter through action and education.
KBB endeavours to change behaviour and improve the community through a focus on:
- Litter Prevention: Identifying the causes and reducing litter through educational programmes, organised clean ups and the promotion of correct waste disposal.
- Waste Reduction: Reducing the impact of waste in our communities by supporting programmes that encourage reduction, reuse and recycling, composting and education about waste-to-energy.
- Beautification: Improving the visual aspects of our communities through collaborative projects of community greening, including urban planters and graffiti abatement.
Our Guiding Principles
As a recognized local leader in community improvement, KBB is guided by these principles:
- Education: Education is the key to encouraging positive behaviours toward community improvement.
- Individual Responsibility: Improving communities, the environment and quality of life all begins with personal responsibility and individuals becoming more engaged as citizens and environmental stewards.
- Community Partnerships: Broad-based community alliances with public and private organisations are essential to achieve sustainable community improvement.
- Volunteer Action: By engaging volunteers of all ages, we extend the reach of our education and multiply the impact of our actions.
Our Board & Staff
Director – Waste Management representative
Director – Parks Department representative
Director – Garden Club representative